March 2008 Newsletter
The date is
set! March 11th – 18th, 2009. Reunion 2009 in HCMC
been some of you lucky ones who have been there since our ACH days and know a
lot more about overall travel and accommodations. I solicit your help in
providing as much information as possible so that I can post it on the website http://www.saigonkids.com. The
Bush sisters (Sarah and Barbara – Barbara is in
In the coming weeks, we will have the following “committees” and point of contacts that will be coordinating the information for dissemination.
(1) Travel Coordinator (identifies airlines, rates, routes, staging areas if any, hotels available, rates, availability, meeting room, visa/passport requirements/how-to, shots, monetary choices, etc. and makes them available to all attendees for their individual selection and reservation).
(2) Events Coordinator (identifies group gathering/dinner function(s), tours, suggested sights/cities to visit, etc. and makes them available to all attendees for their individual selection and reservation/participation)
(3) Information Coordinator (that’s me … help disseminate the inputs from you individually and the other coordinators through the website www.saigonkids.com)
For starters, I have the following information to share with you that might help in your travel planning. I will post them on the website as well:
Eric Harrington (Brent): A friend in the PI said that Philippine airlines is
offering (at least through March 2009) a package from SFO of round-trip
airfare, 2 nights deluxe hotel (with casino), and airport transfers for about
850 USD. Add on US return-trip airfare anywhere to SFO for $225.
Sounds like a good deal or, at least a good benchmark from which to start adding
Baguio Saigon etc. Also, upgrade to business
class for $750 each way. This will be more informative to the cross-overs that plan to attend the Brent, Baguio
PI Reunion as well on March 6 - 9 before the
Area – The Brentkids have tentative plans to stage
their departure from
(4) The following site from Barbara (Bush) Parker provides hotel information and more:
(5) The following from Arlene (Zucker) Claiborne who recently returned from a dream vacation there:
We used Eva Air http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/ from LA to HCMC. It is a Taiwanese airline and you can upgrade to an economy plus for $200.00 pp. We also used Lonely Planet 2007 guidebook for reliable maps and information http://www.lonelyplanet.com/. For Visa application (required) visit http://www.vietnamembassy.us/consular_services/visa_info/ and don’t forget immunization. You will need: Hepatitis A & B series, Typhoid shot and update on Tetanus. Cipro for stomach virus and Augmentin as general antibiotic.
Please visit the website www.saigonkids.com and under the <Reunion> tab click on <Reunion 2009 (Saigon)> you will find the latest roster of folks with varying plan commitments to attend and other information mentioned in this e-mail.